Subject: bug#77775: 30.1; Proced performance

From: Roland Winkler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2025 08:49:20 -0500

On Sun, Apr 13 2025, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>>    ;; If none of the alternatives is non-nil, the attribute is ignored
>>    ;; in the listing.
>>    (let ((standard-attributes
>> -         (car (proced-process-attributes (list-system-processes))))
>> +         (car (proced-process-attributes (last (list-system-processes)))))
>>          new-format fmi)
>>      (if (and proced-tree-flag
>>               (assq 'ppid standard-attributes))
>> 
>> (The comment at the start of this diff is outdated)

Why is this comment outdated?  Previously, proced-format used emacs-pid
instead of (list-system-processes), which is obviously much faster.

I haven't been engaged in the development of proced.el for some time.
But I feel I need to look at the current code more carefully before I
can comment on this patch (and the problem it is supposed to fix) in a
meaningful way.

Roland