Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] gnu: diffutils: Update to 3.12.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2025 16:29:36 +0200

Hi Andy,

Andy Tai <[email-masked]> writes:

> * gnu/packages/base.scm (diffutils): Update to 3.12.
> [arguments]<#:configure-flags>: When cross-compiling,
> add "ac_cv_func_strcasecmp=yes"
> "gl_cv_func_strcasecmp_works=yes".
>
> Change-Id: I246a2024cae0611098a8abb940639dcfda01d914

[...]

> -   (version "3.10")
> +   (version "3.12")

Could you rebase on current ‘core-packages-team’, where diffutils is at
3.11?

Can you confirm that it builds for you, at least on x86_64?

> +     #:configure-flags
> +     #~#$(if (%current-target-system)
> +        ; fix for crosscompiling; on GNU system strcasecmp always works
> +       #~'("ac_cv_func_strcasecmp=yes" "gl_cv_func_strcasecmp_works=yes")
> +       #~'())

Could you explain a bit more?  Does ./configure fail to determine that
‘strcasecmp’ works when cross-compiling?

Besides, please adjust indentation here and use two semicolons for a
line comment, with a capitalized sentence.

Thanks for working on it!

Ludo’.