Subject: bug#77734: closed (Re: bug#77734: [android] 30.1; provide option to restrict mobile data or wifi on demand only)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2025 02:25:12 +0000

Your bug report

#77734: [android] 30.1; provide option to restrict mobile data or wifi on demand only

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
77734: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=77734
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#77734: [android] 30.1; provide option to restrict mobile data or wifi on demand only
From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
To: జిందం వాఐి<[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2025 10:24:07 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

జిందం వాఐి <[email-masked]> writes:

> * i acted stupidly
> * i wanted to use matrix
> * so i did little search
> * found m-x package-install
> will show if package is installed
> * obviously i never bother to
> read rest of it
> * when i executed it started to
> download from elpa
>
>
> * why?
> * there is no guarantee all
> users have access to fast
> network or unlimited data
>
> * please consider to integrate
> access or deny to mobile data
> or wifi within app itself!
>
> * afterall, the extensible 
> self-documenting text editor
> * keyword: "text editor"

Emacs invokes the operating system's sockets library to access the
Internet and accordingly any traffic metering or throttling
functionality is decidedly outside its purview (not to mention
impossible to implement portably) and within the operating system's.
Closing, sorry.

Subject: [android] 30.1; provide option to restrict mobile data or wifi on demand only
From: జిందం వాఐి<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2025 10:18:55 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

* i acted stupidly
* i wanted to use matrix
* so i did little search
* found m-x package-install
will show if package is installed
* obviously i never bother to
read rest of it
* when i executed it started to
download from elpa

* why?
* there is no guarantee all
users have access to fast
network or unlimited data

* please consider to integrate
access or deny to mobile data
or wifi within app itself!

* afterall, the extensible 
self-documenting text editor
* keyword: "text editor"

Configured using:
 'configure --with-png=yes --with-webp=yes --with-gif=yes
 --with-jpeg=yes --with-xml2=yes --with-sqlite3=yes --with-gnutls=yes
 --with-tiff=yes --with-selinux=yes --with-modules=yes
 --with-tree-sitter=yes --with-imagemagick=no --with-lcms2=yes
 --with-mailutils= --with-pop=no-by-default --with-harfbuzz=yes
 --with-threads=yes --with-rsvg=yes --enable-check-lisp-object-type=
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration''

Configured features:
GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  modifier-bar-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
modus-operandi-tinted-theme modus-themes display-line-numbers desktop
frameset cus-load plz-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
taxy-magit-section-autoloads taxy-autoloads info magit-section-autoloads
llama-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cus-start cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel android-win term/common-win
touch-screen ls-lisp tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads inotify android multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 138383 19216) (symbols 24 11350 2) (strings 16 26811 1917)
 (string-bytes 1 642646) (vectors 8 15158)
 (vector-slots 4 160272 15512) (floats 8 58 3) (intervals 28 408 0)
 (buffers 576 10))

regards,
జిందం వాఐి [ jindam, vani ]

web_ jivani.neocities.org
[matrix]_ @jindam:catgirl.cloud