Subject: bug#77734: [android] 30.1; provide option to restrict mobile data or wifi on demand only

From: జిందం వాఐి<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2025 10:18:55 +0000

* i acted stupidly
* i wanted to use matrix
* so i did little search
* found m-x package-install
will show if package is installed
* obviously i never bother to
read rest of it
* when i executed it started to
download from elpa

* why?
* there is no guarantee all
users have access to fast
network or unlimited data

* please consider to integrate
access or deny to mobile data
or wifi within app itself!

* afterall, the extensible 
self-documenting text editor
* keyword: "text editor"

Configured using:
 'configure --with-png=yes --with-webp=yes --with-gif=yes
 --with-jpeg=yes --with-xml2=yes --with-sqlite3=yes --with-gnutls=yes
 --with-tiff=yes --with-selinux=yes --with-modules=yes
 --with-tree-sitter=yes --with-imagemagick=no --with-lcms2=yes
 --with-mailutils= --with-pop=no-by-default --with-harfbuzz=yes
 --with-threads=yes --with-rsvg=yes --enable-check-lisp-object-type=
 'CFLAGS=-O2 -Werror=implicit-function-declaration''

Configured features:
GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TREE_SITTER WEBP
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
  display-line-numbers-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  modifier-bar-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047
rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
modus-operandi-tinted-theme modus-themes display-line-numbers desktop
frameset cus-load plz-autoloads svg-lib-autoloads
taxy-magit-section-autoloads taxy-autoloads info magit-section-autoloads
llama-autoloads package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs icons password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv
bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip
cus-start cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel android-win term/common-win
touch-screen ls-lisp tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register
page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors
frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure
cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp
files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads inotify android multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 8 138383 19216) (symbols 24 11350 2) (strings 16 26811 1917)
 (string-bytes 1 642646) (vectors 8 15158)
 (vector-slots 4 160272 15512) (floats 8 58 3) (intervals 28 408 0)
 (buffers 576 10))

regards,
జిందం వాఐి [ jindam, vani ]

web_ jivani.neocities.org
[matrix]_ @jindam:catgirl.cloud