Subject: Re: bug#77725: 31.0.50; Add support for types accepted by `cl-typep' to cl-generic?

From: David Ponce <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 14:59:28 +0200

While working with cl-types.el I discovered a nasty side effect
of byte compilation on the cl--type-list.

I can't explain what is going on :-(

Here is a recipe:

- run emacs -Q

- load cl-type.el (the last version previously attached)

- load cl-type-recipe.el (attached)

- In the scratch buffer eval cl--type-list.  Result is expected:

   (cons-cdr-foo cons-car-foo)

- Then open cl-type-recipe.el and byte-compile it with
   M-x emacs-lisp-byte-compile

- Then eval again cl--type-list in the scratch buffer, and now the
   result is something like this:

   (#<symbol cons-cdr-foo at 158> #<symbol cons-car-foo at 46>)

   Which completely breaks cl-types !

I hope you can shed some light on what is going on here.

Thanks!