Subject: bug#77725: 31.0.50; Add support for types accepted by `cl-typep' to cl-generic?

From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2025 10:30:00 -0400

>>> So, to create the predefined derived types, it seems that cl-macs
>>> needs to be explicitly loaded. I wonder if this is the expected
>>> behavior?
>> Agreed.  But this is the way it's been defined since times immemorial,
>> so I'm not sure we want to change it.  I'm not saying we don't, because
>> the new features mean that the circumstances have changed, but I think
>> I'd rather see first how things play out.
> That's fine with me.  I asked because it seemed to me that it wasn't
> recommended to load cl-macs but rather cl-lib.

Yes, but that worked OK because in order to *use* those types you needed
to use `cl-deftype` or `cl-typep`, both of which are autoloaded from
`cl-macs.el`.

>> Some of those types are virtually never used, so maybe we'll want to
>> move some but not all?
> To be honest, I don't know if/when these types are used.

`grep` can provide some answers to that question.  🙂

        Stefan