Subject: [PATCH v2 5/6] doc: Emacs Packages: Remove outdated commentary on testing.

From: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2025 17:53:00 -0400

* doc/contributing.texi (Emacs Packages): Removeoutdated commentary on
testing.  We now run the tests by default like is done in other build systems.

Change-Id: I245a0a412615a1177fbd1b6e723fda3749f7e49f
---
 doc/contributing.texi | 9 +--------
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 8 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/contributing.texi b/doc/contributing.texi
index ab4f30d54b..eb105fc6fb 100644
--- a/doc/contributing.texi
+++ b/doc/contributing.texi
@@ -1433,14 +1433,7 @@ Emacs Packages
 Emacs packages should preferably use the Emacs build system
 (@pxref{emacs-build-system}), for uniformity and the benefits provided
 by its build phases, such as the auto-generation of the autoloads file
-and the byte compilation of the sources.  Because there is no
-standardized way to run a test suite for Emacs packages, tests are
-disabled by default.  When a test suite is available, it should be
-enabled by setting the @code{#:tests?} argument to @code{#true}.  By
-default, the command to run the test is @command{make check}, but any
-command can be specified via the @code{#:test-command} argument.  The
-@code{#:test-command} argument expects a list containing a command and
-its arguments, to be invoked during the @code{check} phase.
+and the byte compilation of the sources.
 
 The Elisp dependencies of Emacs packages are typically provided as
 @code{propagated-inputs} when required at run time.  As for other
-- 
2.49.0