Subject: [bug#77681] [PATCH 0/6 emacs-team] Run emacs tests

From: Morgan Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2025 14:54:12 -0400

I got a couple changes here but probably the most important is running the
emacs test suite.

I did want to ask about emacs-xwidgets though.  Recent versions of xwidgets
(like the one we have packaged) does not play well with Emacs.  For more
information see: Bug#66068

I don't think this will be resolved anytime soon though.  Do we make a
deprecated package for emacs-xwidgets or just remove it?

Morgan Smith (6):
  gnu: emacs-next: Update to 31.0.50-1.9663c95.
  gnu: emacs-magit-popup: Skip tests.
  gnu: emacs-guix: Skip tests.
  gnu: emacs-stgit: Skip tests.
  doc: Emacs Packages: Remove outdated commentary on testing.
  gnu: emacs: Run tests.

 doc/contributing.texi                         |  9 +-
 gnu/local.mk                                  |  1 +
 gnu/packages/emacs-xyz.scm                    |  4 +-
 gnu/packages/emacs.scm                        | 97 +++++++++++++++++--
 .../emacs-next-disable-jit-compilation.patch  | 19 ++++
 gnu/packages/version-control.scm              |  1 +
 6 files changed, 115 insertions(+), 16 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/emacs-next-disable-jit-compilation.patch

base-commit: ca30726285b6883a3b1fa89db64177460af69c42
-- 
2.49.0