Subject: [bug#77663] [PATCH 1/3] gnu: Add python-configshell-fb.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2025 22:04:45 +0100

Hi,

Thank you for the patch.

Some review points as the patch does not look nice for me ;-)

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+       (snippet #~(begin
+                    (use-modules (guix build utils))
+                    (delete-file "setup.py")
+                    (delete-file-recursively "configshell_fb")
+                    (rename-file "configshell" "configshell_fb")))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
May you explain the reason behind this snippet?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+    (arguments (list #:tests? #f))
+    (build-system pyproject-build-system)
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
Please follow example for some other packages in the module e.g.
build-system comes first then arguments, then inputs etc.
Why no tests?

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+    (propagated-inputs (list python-pyparsing))
+    (native-inputs (list python-wheel python-setuptools python-hatch-vcs python-hatchling))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
Please apply list stile and sort alphabetically, some nice touch.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+    (synopsis "A framework to implement simple but nice CLIs.")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
No article in the begining (check with "guix lint") and no "." in the
end.

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
+    (description
+     "This package provides a framework to implement simple but nice CLIs.")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
"simple but nice" sound like a selling point but having n+ similar
packages available in Buix it's not clear, please try to extract info from
README or describe functionality more precise.

--
Oleg