Subject: [bug#77653] [PATCH 0/4] Add WASM toolchain, wasi-libc, and browser WASM sandbox support

From: Ian Eure <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2025 18:10:28 -0700

Hi Maxim, Z572,

Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Ian,
>
>
> Thanks for picking it up!  Nice series.  I've left a few 
> hopefully
> useful comments.  Could you please prepare a v2 taking them into
> account?

Sorry about the delay on this.  I appreciate the feedback and have 
a v2 in decent shape that incorporates nearly all the feedback 
from the two of you.

Unfortunately, this work is currently blocked due to unclear 
licensing of the WASI specification, which wasi-libc includes a 
copy of via Git submodule.  There’s an issue open for this, but it 
was opened in 2019 and still isn’t resolved.  Hopefully recent 
pings on the issue will get it some renewed attention, but I’m not 
feeling confident about moving this forward at the moment.

I’ll go ahead and send a v2 patch anyway, but it’s unpushable 
until the WASI situation is resolved.

Thanks,
  -- Ian

[1]: https://github.com/WebAssembly/WASI/issues/182