Subject: Re: [PATCH c++-team 1/1] gnu: Update abseil-cpp and abseil-cpp-20220623.

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2025 17:49:12 +0200

Hello,

Am Wed, Apr 09, 2025 at 11:18:01AM -0400 schrieb Greg Hogan:
> I have seen, and have been writing, single commits which apply the
> same very simple changes to multiple packages (for example, from
> #76960 the pinning of the spdlog input).

I see; but think this is a different case. There you apply the same
change to different packages (swap one input for another one). One could
still do this one commit after another, but I also see the point in
doing a "mass" commit (well, I would rather do this if really many
packages were concerned).

In this case, you update two different packages to two different
versions. So I would argue that this is not the same situation, just
that they are linked. But this is also true when updating python-numpy
and following its dependency chain, and we do not use one giant commit
updating lots of packages in the python-team branch.

I would, however, combine your first two patches of the v2 :)
Your choice!

Andreas