Subject: Re: bug#77649: [PATCH] Add support for updating *Completions* as you type

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2025 09:40:36 +0300

>>>> Add support for updating the *Completions* buffer as you type,
>>>> controlled by a new completion metadata symbol 'eager-update and
>>>> new defcustom completion-eager-update.
>>>>
>>>> You can configure a completion category to update *Completions*
>>>> as you type by setting completion-category-overrides
>>>> appropriately; or set completion-eager-update to t to always
>>>> update *Completions* as you type.
>>>>
>>>> This is similar to the recently added completion-eager-display.
>>>
>>> Thanks, now finally we'll have this long-needed feature.
>
> Hi, have you gotten a chance to try this out?

Yes, I tried it out, and everything worked nicely.

> I have been running this for several completion categories at my site
> and have had no complaints.

Could you send a complete patch with a NEWS entry?