Subject: [PATCH v6 0/7] Update hdf5 to 1.14.6, fix wrappers and remove generated source files.

From: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2025 16:21:43 +0000

Hello Andreas,

thank you for looking at the updated patches.

I cannot see the old QA results anymore, so I don't know whether there
were failures other than the ones you mentioned.

The HDF5 compiler wrappers (e.g. h5cc) when built with CMake depend on
pkg-config, so adding it to the native-inputs fixed the build for
gnudatalanguage.

Regarding cdo, I did not see the error you mentioned, but the build
failed because the libsz library was not found, which happens because I
added libaec (which provides libsz.so) to the native-inputs (but now
moved to the inputs) of netcdf.

I forgot to mention hdf5-parallel-openmpi in the commit message, which
is included now.

Cheers,
David

David Elsing (7):
  gnu: hdf5: Update to 1.14.6.
  gnu: hdf-java: Update to 1.14.6 and rename to hdf5-java.
  gnu: netcdf: Build with libaec.
  gnu: netcdf-fortran: Add missing inputs.
  gnu: satdump: Fix RUNPATH for a plugin.
  gnu: gnudatalanguage: Fix build.
  gnu: cdo: Fix build.

 gnu/local.mk                                  |   1 +
 gnu/packages/data-language.scm                |   3 +-
 gnu/packages/geo.scm                          |   2 +-
 gnu/packages/maths.scm                        | 313 ++++++++++++------
 .../patches/hdf5-config-dependencies.patch    |  31 ++
 gnu/packages/radio.scm                        |  17 +-
 6 files changed, 257 insertions(+), 110 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/packages/patches/hdf5-config-dependencies.patch

-- 
2.49.0