Subject: [bug#77590] [PATCH 0/3] Update hdf5 to 1.14.6, fix wrappers and remove generated source files.

From: David Elsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2025 23:23:10 +0000

This patch series updates hdf5 to 1.14.6 and applies the improvements
from https://issues.guix.gnu.org/64448 only on the hdf5 package, which
now does not inherit from hdf5-1.8 anymore. I also changed the package
to the Git source, which was already used for hdf-java. Is the commit
message fine like this? I mentioned the changes from before, where most
things were inherited from hdf5-1.8.

The Fortran output is currently only 2.8 MB (compared to 23 MB for the
main output), so I removed the additional output, as it was causing
problems with linking and the h5fc wrapper.

The installation of the examples has been disabled by default upstream
(not sure whether intentionally), so instead I made a separate package
which builds and checks the examples, but produces no output.

For hdf-java, I noticed that the used version does not have support for
HDF4 and already uses the Git source of hdf5, so I adjusted the package
accordingly and renamed it to hdf5-java.

David Elsing (3):
  gnu: hdf5: Update to 1.14.6.
  gnu: Add hdf5-examples.
  gnu: hdf-java: Update to 1.14.6 and rename to hdf5-java.

 gnu/packages/maths.scm | 293 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 1 file changed, 218 insertions(+), 75 deletions(-)

-- 
2.48.1