Subject: bug#77580: [PATCH] New command ediff-undo

From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2025 10:32:24 +0800

Hello,

On Tue 08 Apr 2025 at 09:25am +02, Paul D. Nelson wrote:

> To clarify, by "original intent", I was referring to your suggestion of
> detecting automatically how far back to undo.  The C-u spamming is
> relevant in an edge case, not the typical use case for ediff-undo and
> diff-with-undo.  It's analogous to how for regular undo, it's
> occasionally useful to do C-999 C-/.  In my view, the current patch
> meets its primary goals well, but I'd welcome a broader discussion of
> related enhancements or other commands.

Thanks for clarifying.  So your thought is that the first two bullet
points in your original mail are covered by the command as-is?

>> Of your suggestions here, my first thought is that maybe C-x x g could
>> start operating only on an active region, if there is one.  That seems
>> like a great new feature.
>
> Yes, that sounds excellent.

If you would be interested in working on that, I'd be very happy to
review and shepherd the change.

-- 
Sean Whitton