Subject: Re: bug#77570: Build failures on core packages following daemon changes

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2025 12:14:50 +0200

Hi Ada,

Ada Stevenson <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Following commit 93474f92886fac8a2e5eb0eb3b388654246d640d (cc'ing
> Ludo' as the author of this commit), I have identified build failures
> in several packages as they have tests that require modifying the
> build tree in some way. These include scons, ruby and go. I'm sure
> there are other packages that are affected by this.

Could you explain how to reproduce the problem?

In particular, are you on Guix System or on a foreign distro?  In the
latter case, is guix-daemon running as an unprivileged user¹ or as root?
What version of guix-daemon is running, as shown by “pgrep -fa
guix-daemon”?

You mention scons, ruby, and go.  Is “guix build scons” enough to
trigger the problem?

Thanks for reporting the problem!

Ludo’.

¹ https://hpc.guix.info/blog/2025/03/build-daemon-drops-its-privileges/