Subject: Re: bug#77566: [PATCH] Add option for automatically delete non-existent projects.

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2025 21:33:31 +0300

>> +(defcustom project-prune-zombie-projects nil
>> +  "Automatically remove from project list projects that were deleted.
>> +If set to `all', remove projects when project list file
>> +is being read or written.
>> +If set to `list-read', only remove projects when project list file
>> +is being read.
>> +If set to `list-write', only remove projects when project list file is
>> +being written.
>
> That's a lot of alternatives. Do we have a picture of the users who would
> use each of the values?

Instead of desperately cleaning zombies that are popping up again and again,
I'd prefer an option with a list of directories that should be never added
to the project list.  Or maybe improve 'project-forget-projects-under' to
remember what projects it forgot to not add them again, e.g.
by a new property in ~/.emacs.d/projects file:

(("/dir1" (forgotten . t))
 ...)