Subject: [bug#77552] [PATCH 0/5] gnu: cbqn: Update to 0.9.0.

From: Lee Thompson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2025 15:59:16 +0100

This series of patches aims to update CBQN to use the latest v0.9.0 release;
also achieved via this patch series is a full source bootstrap of CBQN without
using pre-compiled bytecode or building DBQN.

I have added both (dzaima's fork of) REPLXX and Singeli as pure sources so CBQN 
can be compiled to make use of them.  Some of this builds on work done in the 
(as far as I can see uncompleted) bug#69023, though this patch series makes no 
attempt to add Singeli as a standalone package.  Regardless of Singeli's value 
here I believe REPLXX adds valuable quality of life improvements to using CBQN 
as an interactive interpreter.

`bqn-sources' has been updated to a recent patch.  I couldn't get the updates
to `cbqn' to build properly without updating `bqn-sources', though the CBQN
repo makes no suggestions as to where in history to take `bqn-sources' from.
I first updated to a commit from the same time as CBQN v0.9.0, but why not
update to something more recent?  In testing this produced no obvious bugs or
weird behaviour vs. CBQN v0.9.0-era checkout.

The `cbqn-bootstrap'->`cbqn' interaction has been rearranged to achieve what I
believe to be a reasonable full-source bootstrap without DBQN.  New tests have
been added also.

I've added comments everywhere I feel appropriate; this might be too verbose
for some so I'm happy to remove any.  `cbqn' has been linted and styled and 
builds and works fine as far as I can see.

Lee Thompson (5):
  gnu: bqn-sources: Update to 5880fa15.
  gnu: Add replxx-sources.
  gnu: Add singeli-sources.
  gnu: cbqn-bootstrap: Update to 0.9.0.
  gnu: cbqn: Update to 0.9.0.

 gnu/packages/bqn.scm | 175 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 1 file changed, 113 insertions(+), 62 deletions(-)

-- 
2.48.1