Subject: bug#77549: ELPA: Duplicate entries for GNU Poke?

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2025 06:48:37 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > poke.el is an Emacs interface for poke.

  > poke-mode.el is a mode to edit programs written in Poke, the programming
  > language implemented by poke.

It makes sense now that you've explained it, but the simiarity will
surely cause confusion.  Can we adjust the names to make the
difference clear?  Of course, both names should mention Poke.
but they can differ more.

Perhaps the interface to Poke should be called poke-interface or
subpoke.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)