Subject: Re: bug#77546: Acknowledgement (Regression in defaults: Re: Enhance 'icomplete-vertical-mode' customization options.)

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2025 12:57:23 +0100

On Sat, Apr 26, 2025 at 12:07 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Ping!  How can we make further progress with this bug report?

The regression noted in the subject line is fixed, but there are still
some problems regarding the code around that could see improvements.
According to previous messages, that code seems to have been
developed on trial-and-error basis rather than a full understanding of
the code.

Rahul has provided a patch that among other things adds comments
clarifying the situation. It doesn't look bad, but I think someone should
look into it  better and experiment with alternatives.

I've gotten the reproduction recipe to work, but I haven't had time to
spend on it.  Personally I think the bug should stay open, or maybe
until I or someone else has time to really dive into this and provide
a good patch that simplifies the code and still answers all of Rahul's
UI concerns.

João