Subject: 31.0.50; nnatom: missing content in articles.

From: Fernando de Morais <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2025 15:33:53 -0300

When accessing certain feeds with `nnatom', it is possible to notice the
absence of characters such as curly quotes.

To reproduce, which is possible with `emacs -Q', please:

1. M-x load-library RET gnus RET
2. M-x gnus
3. In the groups buffer:
   - press B (shift+b), then type nnatom and insert the address
     planet.emcaslife.com/atom.xml then RET
4. In the browse server buffer, RET and select an article with RET

Results in:

        - It should be noticeable that curly quotes are missing from the
          text.  This can be validated by opening the original article
          link in a browser.

Additionally, in feeds like YouTube channels, the link to the video is
missing.  It is also possible to reproduce this with `emacs -Q' by
following the steps described above, but change the address to (Prot's
channel):

- www.youtube.com/feeds/videos.xml?channel_id=UC0uTPqBCFIpZxlz_Lv1tk_g

Results in:

        - Instead of the link, the content of the article is:
          (nil (Content-Type . text/html) links)

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.49, cairo version 1.18.4) of 2025-04-04 built on sekai
Repository revision: 8c411381c69bf889243dc8a40cda22557e4b32be
Repository branch: master
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --with-pgtk --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var 'CFLAGS=-march=x86-64
 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fstack-clash-protection
 -fcf-protection -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/home/fernando/Documentos/Projetos/emacs/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs-git
 -flto=auto' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed
 -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs -flto=auto''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: pt_BR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  citar-embark-mode: t
  org-indent-mode: t
  org-superstar-mode: t
  pdf-occur-global-minor-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  global-so-long-mode: t
  winner-mode: t
  icomplete-vertical-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  minibuffer-electric-default-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  marginalia-mode: t
  server-mode: t
  goto-address-mode: t
  consult-denote-mode: t
  denote-menu-bar-mode: t
  minions-mode: t
  movemail-auto-fetch-mode: t
  windmove-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  global-pulse-line-mode: t
  pulse-line-mode: t
  mode-line-visible-bell-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  gcmh-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: org-auto-fill-function
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  temp-buffer-resize-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow footnote emacsbug citar-capf citar-embark embark-org
embark-consult embark citar citar-file citar-cache citar-format parsebib
image-file image-converter org-indent oc-basic ol-eww eww-lnum eww
vtable url-queue ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect
ol-docview doc-view filenotify ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi
org-link-doi cape-keyword cape pdf-sync pdf-outline pdf-links
pdf-history pdf-annot oc-bibtex ob-octave org-superstar org-element
org-persist org-id org-refile org-element-ast inline avl-tree generator
org-contrib org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src sh-script smie treesit executable ob-comint org-pcomplete
org-list org-footnote org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp
ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol org-fold org-fold-core org-keys
oc org-loaddefs holidays holiday-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-compat org-macs facemenu pdf-occur ibuffer-vc ibuffer-tramp
tramp-cache time-stamp tramp trampver tramp-integration files-x
tramp-message tramp-compat shell pcmpl-args pcmpl-gnu pcmpl-linux
pcmpl-unix pcomplete tramp-loaddefs ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs
tablist advice tablist-filter semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent
semantic/wisent/wisent semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic
semantic/tag semantic/lex semantic/fw mode-local cedet pdf-isearch
pdf-misc imenu pdf-loader pdf-tools pdf-view pdf-cache pdf-info tq
pdf-util pdf-macs image-mode exif noutline outline jka-compr misearch
multi-isearch qp help-fns radix-tree mule-util sort gnus-cite smiley
textsec uni-scripts idna-mapping ucs-normalize uni-confusable
textsec-check mail-extr gnus-bcklg gnus-ml disp-table pulse color
mm-archive network-stream url-http url-gw nsm url-cache url-auth nnatom
nnfeed nnmaildir nnagent nnml nnnil nnrss mm-url gnus-topic mairix
ecomplete gnus-search eieio-opt speedbar ezimage dframe find-func
gnus-dup gnus-draft nndraft nnmh gnus-demon gnus-async comp comp-cstr
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig nntp gnus-cache
gnus-sum shr-tag-pre-highlight language-detection shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo parse-time iso8601 gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils range mm-util mail-prsvr face-remap view
flymake-languagetool time-date checkdoc lisp-mnt flymake warnings
display-line-numbers epa-file epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config
flyspell ispell hl-line hideshow corfu rainbow-delimiters ffap elec-pair
recentf tree-widget delsel so-long winner icomplete mb-depth
minibuf-eldef savehist marginalia cus-start auth-source-pass server
goto-addr thingatpt consult-denote denote dired-x dired-aux dired
dired-loaddefs xref project consult bookmark minions let-alist pcase
ibuf-macs orderless compat windmove time cl-extra help-mode edmacro
kmacro bind-key easy-mmode format-spec battery dbus compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring comp-run
comp-common xml gcmh system-packages site-start auctex-autoloads
tex-site bbdb-csv-import-autoloads bbdb-autoloads cape-autoloads
citar-embark-autoloads citar-autoloads citeproc-autoloads
consult-denote-autoloads consult-dir-autoloads consult-eglot-autoloads
corfu-autoloads csv-mode-autoloads denote-autoloads dired-du-autoloads
diredfl-autoloads edit-indirect-autoloads elpher-autoloads
embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads embark-autoloads
emms-autoloads engrave-faces-autoloads eww-lnum-autoloads
fennel-mode-autoloads flymake-languagetool-autoloads
flyspell-correct-autoloads gcmh-autoloads gemini-mode-autoloads
htmlize-autoloads ibuffer-tramp-autoloads ibuffer-vc-autoloads
lua-mode-autoloads marginalia-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
minions-autoloads nov-autoloads esxml-autoloads kv-autoloads
ob-sagemath-autoloads olivetti-autoloads orderless-autoloads
org-contrib-autoloads org-superstar-autoloads ox-gemini-autoloads
parsebib-autoloads pass-autoloads f-autoloads dash-autoloads
password-store-otp-autoloads password-store-autoloads
pcmpl-args-autoloads pcsv-autoloads pdf-tools-autoloads
platformio-mode-autoloads async-autoloads projectile-autoloads
pyvenv-autoloads queue-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads
rainbow-mode-autoloads rec-mode-autoloads s-autoloads
sage-shell-mode-autoloads rx deferred-autoloads
shr-tag-pre-highlight-autoloads language-detection-autoloads
string-inflection-autoloads sxhkdrc-mode-autoloads
system-packages-autoloads tablist-autoloads transmission-autoloads info
with-editor-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
modus-vivendi-tinted-theme modus-themes package browse-url xdg url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse
auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x
map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile url-vars cus-edit pp cus-load
icons wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind
inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo
gtk pgtk lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
tty-child-frames native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1183543 258584) (symbols 48 49343 5) (strings 32 362585 68966)
 (string-bytes 1 15034677) (vectors 16 339750) (vector-slots 8 3265006 149918)
 (floats 8 91743 939) (intervals 56 5166 4752) (buffers 992 46))

-- 
Regards,
Fernando de Morais.