Subject: Re: bug#77520: 30.1.50; Installed emacs is loading loadup.el from source

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2025 10:34:27 +0300

> From: Lynn Winebarger <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2025 21:28:05 -0400
> 
> When I run './src/emacs-30.1.50 -Q' from the build directory, I get the
> expected behavior.  I install the built emacs using "make install" into
> /usr/local with some version-specific directories configured (see the
> options) so I can have multiple major versions of emacs installed.  When
> I run '/usr/local/bin/emacs-30.1.50 -Q', the following is displayed in
> the terminal window:
> ------
> Loading loadup.el (source)...
> Dump mode: nil

This means Emacs cannot find its pdumper file.  You need to figure out
why.  Crystal ball says you used some non-standard procedure for
installing the built Emacs, so the pdumper file is either not
installed or is installed under the name different from what EMacs
looks for.