Subject: Re: [bug#77501] [PATCH] Log OpenSMTPd to /var/log/mail.log via a configurable option. (Closes: #77501)

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2025 16:32:25 +0900

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Maxim,
>
> Am Mon, Apr 14, 2025 at 09:52:53AM +0900 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
>> From my understanding, a pid file is still useful for *synchronization*
>> reasons, whether the service daemonizes or not.  It's a token that lets
>> the service notify the init system that "OK, I've done my basic startup,
>> I'm ready to receive client requests".
>
> would you like to update the documentation and re-add the pid file
> for this service here?

Let's wait and see if a problem come up.  Typically that'd happen if
something requires opensmtpd as a shepherd-requirement, I'm not sure
anyone is using that yet.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim