Subject: Re: OpenSMTP logging

From: Felix Lechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2025 12:39:46 -0700

Hi Andreas,

On Thu, Apr 03 2025, Andreas Enge wrote:

> This looks good to me

Thanks for taking a look!

> is #:pid-file still needed or useful?

No, it isn't.  It also occurred to me after I had sent in the patch, and
moved onto something else.

As a side note, I'm not sure we have the luxury of making such minor
improvements.  Guix is already a system with a thousand warts.  My patch
definitely makes Guix better.

Either way, I'd be happy to remove it if we can reach an acceptance deal
per below.

> And is this the good file name?

It isn't, but I think /var/log/maillog has a long tradition with
Sendmail.

The filename should actually be configurable, but I won't submit such a
patch unless you promise to accept it.  I already have a gazillion
rebases because my patches, which I carry in my custom branch, are
almost never accepted.

Kind regards
Felix