Subject: Updates for papirus-icon-theme

From: "Timo Wilken" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2025 13:13:57 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to update papirus-icon-theme to the latest version.

In the course of that, I discovered that the workaround to reduce the number
of inodes the package uses doesn't seem to work very well, so I added a `cp'
flag that fixes it for me.

The package also contains a bunch of icon files that are marked "executable",
so I'm also fixing that.

Patches for the above incoming.

Finally, the upstream developers recommend splitting the package into a main
`papirus-icon-theme' and an `epapirus-icon-theme' (for the pantheon desktop),
the latter of which depends on the former:
<https://github.com/PapirusDevelopmentTeam/papirus-icon-theme/releases/tag/20231101>

I've not done this yet because I wasn't sure what the best way to do this in
Guix is -- separate outputs of the same package? Two separate packages? What
do you think?

Cheers,
Timo