Subject: Native Messaging in librewolf doesn't work

From: Konrad Hinsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2025 21:43:01 +0200

Hi everyone,

I noticed that librewolf is now in Guix, and tried to migrate from my
current installation via librewolf's Debian repository to a Guix-based
installation.

This works mostly fine, except for one point: in the Guix-built
librewolf, the Native Messaging implementation has some problem.

My setup:
 - librewolf 136.0.4-1 (from commit
 2e17b532ed659ed38c738f44f11c35a887bd31c0)
 - PassFF extension (https://codeberg.org/PassFF/passff)
 - PassFF host (https://codeberg.org/PassFF/passff-host)
 - password-store from Guix

With this setup, PassFF signals an error

   "Connection to the host app failed or returned an unexpected result!"

every time it is opened. Some debugging reveals that the Python script
from PassFF host is never run.

Running the apt-installed librewolf (same version), with everything else
exactly the same (same user profile), PassFF works fine.

Cheers,
  Konrad.