Subject: bug#77402: 31.0.50; Tramp: file-writable-p broken

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2025 14:00:25 +0200

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks. I went through the debug buffer, and perhaps I found the guilty
> place. Could you, please try the attached patch?

I'm afraid that didn't fix it yet. 

>
> If that doesn't work, I need more traces. Higher debug level, and
> everything from the beginning. So could you pls call a fresh Emacs like
>
> # emacs -l tramp --eval '(setq tramp-verbose 10)'
>
> Then you can continue with your recipe.

Please find attached. There were 3 ldebuug buffers

Buffer "*debug tramp/cache nil*"

;; Emacs: 31.0.50 Tramp: 2.8.0-pre -*- mode: outline; coding: utf-8; -*-
;; Location: /Users/gerd/emacs/github/master/lisp/net/tramp.elc Git: master/1ed1cc83491311517ba46dff73fdc4383ffd4102
13:49:08.592619 tramp-get-connection-property (7) # tramp-version 2.8.0-pre; cache used: t
13:49:08.592694 tramp-set-connection-property (7) # tramp-version 2.8.0-pre

Buffer "*debug tramp/local gerd@pro2"

;; Emacs: 31.0.50 Tramp: 2.8.0-pre -*- mode: outline; coding: utf-8; -*-
;; Location: /Users/gerd/emacs/github/master/lisp/net/tramp.elc Git: master/1ed1cc83491311517ba46dff73fdc4383ffd4102
13:49:08.623158 tramp-get-connection-property (7) # last-cmd-time 0; cache used: nil
13:49:08.623240 tramp-get-connection-property (7) # locale undef; cache used: nil
13:49:08.630336 tramp-set-connection-property (7) # locale en_US.UTF-8
13:49:08.630497 tramp-get-connection-property (7) # ControlMaster=auto undef; cache used: nil
13:49:08.635978 tramp-set-connection-property (7) # ControlMaster=auto t
13:49:08.636005 tramp-get-connection-property (7) # ControlPath=tramp.%C undef; cache used: nil
13:49:08.640488 tramp-set-connection-property (7) # ControlPath=tramp.%C t
13:49:08.640516 tramp-get-connection-property (7) # ControlPersist=no undef; cache used: nil
13:49:08.644492 tramp-set-connection-property (7) # ControlPersist=no t
13:49:22.265830 tramp-get-connection-property (7) # last-cmd-time 0; cache used: nil
13:49:22.265885 tramp-get-connection-property (7) # locale en_US.UTF-8; cache used: t
13:49:22.266035 tramp-get-connection-property (7) # ControlMaster=auto t; cache used: t
13:49:22.266056 tramp-get-connection-property (7) # ControlPath=tramp.%C t; cache used: t
13:49:22.266077 tramp-get-connection-property (7) # ControlPersist=no t;
;; cache used: t

And this one for ssh to mini