Subject: bug#77346: closed (Re: itk-snap does not build)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2025 11:04:05 +0000

Your bug report

#77346: itk-snap does not build

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
77346: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=77346
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: itk-snap does not build
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2025 13:02:58 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

closing this bug as the main issue is solved. Work on tidying up the
distribution is always welcome, but as long as packages build, we can
also keep outdated ones.

Andreas

Subject: itk-snap does not build
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2025 21:03:47 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello Ricardo,

in my examination of dependencies of hdf5 I have come across itk-snap,
which also does not build in master currently; you added the package in
2019. Since then, there have been new releases (4.0 in 2023, 4.2.2 in
December 2024).

Would you be interested in working on an update?

Given the complexity of the package, this looks like quite some work; so
if there is no particular interest in the package any more, removing it
could also be an option.

Andreas