Subject: bug#77346: itk-snap does not build

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2025 09:51:37 +0200

Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Tue, Apr 01, 2025 at 12:27:25PM +0200 schrieb Ricardo Wurmus:
>> I'd like to keep it.  I'm fixing itk-snap right now.
>
> Okay, great!
>
>> Do you still want to remove vtk@7?
>
> Well, it depends on whether we need it or not :)
> We can keep it if itk-snap requires it, or if it would be too 
> much work
> moving itk-snap to vtk@9. Otherwise I would see no point in 
> keeping it.

I have fixed itk-snap on the master branch.

I'm currently attempting to build ITK 5.4.2 on my laptop (and I 
keep running out of space on disk and in main memory...), which 
would be needed for the latest version of itk-snap, which can be 
built with vtk@9.  I cannot say when I'll finish this, because I'm 
spread a little too thin between fixing all the packages you want 
to remove and making progress on the python-team and r-team 
branches, but I'd be happy if we could keep these packages for a 
while longer.

-- 
Ricardo