Subject: 30.1; "C-h w" doesn't detect binding in the midst of an M-x invocation

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2025 15:13:54 -0400

1. Invoke "emacs -Q".
2. Switch to *scratch* buffer.
3. Do M-x and then type "eval-print-last-sexp", but don't press RET.
4. Do "C-h w RET" (i.e., select the default option of
   eval-print-last-sexp).
5. Expected: Message in the echo area noting that "eval-print-last-sexp"
   is bound to "C-j".  Observed: "eval-print-last-sexp is not on any
   key".

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 2, x86_64-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.49,
cairo version 1.18.4)
System Description: openSUSE Tumbleweed

Configured using:
 'configure --disable-build-details --without-pop --with-mailutils
 --with-native-compilation --without-hesiod --with-gameuser=:games
 --with-kerberos --with-kerberos5 --with-file-notification=inotify
 --with-modules --enable-autodepend --prefix=/usr
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share
 --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --with-file-notification=yes
 --libdir=/usr/lib64
 --enable-locallisppath=/usr/share/emacs/30.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x --with-xim --with-sound --with-xpm --with-jpeg --with-tiff
 --with-gif --with-png --with-rsvg --with-dbus --with-webp --with-xft
 --with-imagemagick --without-gpm --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-pgtk
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars --x-includes=/usr/include
 --x-libraries=/lib64 --with-libotf --with-m17n-flt --with-cairo
 --build=x86_64-suse-linux --with-dumping=pdumper 'CFLAGS=-O2 -Wall
 -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=3 -fstack-protector-strong
 -funwind-tables -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -fstack-clash-protection
 -Werror=return-type -flto=auto -g -D_GNU_SOURCE
 -DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS -DGLIB_DISABLE_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS
 -pipe -Wno-pointer-sign -Wno-unused-variable -Wno-unused-label
 -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -DPDMP_BASE='\''"emacs-wayland"'\'''
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O2 -Wl,--copy-dt-needed-entries''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: POSIX
  value of $LC_TIME: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils noutline outline icons kmacro
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile facemenu two-column subr-x cl-extra
shortdoc text-property-search comp-common rx help-fns radix-tree
help-mode cl-loaddefs cl-lib thingatpt delsel lpr easy-mmode pcase rmc
iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/pgtk-win pgtk-win
term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 125733 13605) (symbols 48 19500 0) (strings 32 35330 1870)
 (string-bytes 1 988883) (vectors 16 16938)
 (vector-slots 8 640335 88836) (floats 8 92 2) (intervals 56 16146 9)
 (buffers 992 14))