Subject: Re: bug#77345: 30.1; "C-h w" doesn't detect binding in the midst of an M-x invocation

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2025 15:18:50 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

> Unless you turn OFF suggest-key-bindings

Thank you for the reference to `suggest-key-bindings'.

> "M-x" will always show you in the echo-area the key binding of the
> last command you invoked.  Why is that not enough?

I had found the duration to be too brief.  However, now that I know that
`suggest-key-bindings' is the relevant defcustom, I also know that it
can be used to specify the duration.  Thank you.

This is sufficient for my needs.  I don't think the extension to "C-h w"
is warranted.

However, allowing for the completions buffer to be accessible even for
sole completions (based on user preference) may still have some value.
Specifically, it would allow other kinds of marginalia annotations that
a user finds relevant to be visible in the case of sole completions.
Currently this is an unaddressed edge case.

-- 
Suhail