Subject: bug#77345: 30.1; "C-h w" doesn't detect binding in the midst of an M-x invocation

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2025 10:34:27 +0300

> From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2025 15:13:54 -0400
> 
> 
> 1. Invoke "emacs -Q".
> 2. Switch to *scratch* buffer.
> 3. Do M-x and then type "eval-print-last-sexp", but don't press RET.
> 4. Do "C-h w RET" (i.e., select the default option of
>    eval-print-last-sexp).
> 5. Expected: Message in the echo area noting that "eval-print-last-sexp"
>    is bound to "C-j".  Observed: "eval-print-last-sexp is not on any
>    key".

C-j in the minibuffer is not bound to eval-print-last-sexp, and
eval-print-last-sexp is not bound to any key in the minibuffer.  So I
don't see any bug here.

If you try the same with eval-last-sexp, you will see the result you
expect, because "C-x C-e" _is_ bound in the minibuffer.

Why do you think there's a bug here?