Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: skalibs: Update to 2.14.3.0

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2025 10:21:24 +0200

Hello David,

Am Fri, Mar 28, 2025 at 04:05:20PM +0100 schrieb David Arroyo:
> There were two backwards-incompatible changes to skalibs since 2.13.1.1;
> 2.14.0.0 moved child_spawn* functions from djbunix.h to cspawn.h,
> and 2.14.3.0 removed the type aliases for uint*_t types. As a result,
> almost all of the skarnet packages needed to be upgraded as a unit, or
> they would not build.
> 
> On the positive side, upstream now installs static libraries under
> $PREFIX/lib, so the --with-lib= configure flags are no longer needed.

thanks for your patch, which passes QA.

We normally update each package in a separate commit. Could you please
update your one patch and replace it by a series of six? Instead of
doing a "git commit", you can run "./etc/committer.scm" from the Guix
checkout, which will help with the commit message (if you are lucky, it
will write them for you). Besides the version updates, changing the
configure flags should also be documented by a sentence in the commit
message.

Please cc me when you send the update so that I can push the series.

Thanks!

Andreas