Subject: bug#77323: [PATCH] Allow temp buffer cleanup in ediff-current-file

From: Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2025 02:07:46 +0100

"Paul D. Nelson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks for checking on this.  Bug#74881 seems to be about deleting
> temporary files (produced by vc-ediff, I think), while the present issue
> is about cleaning up temporary buffers produced by ediff-current-file.
> Incidentally, my version (updated yesterday) does contain this fix.

Ok, thanks.  Then your proposal looks reasonable to me.

Allow two questions:

- Have you thought about checking
`ediff-current-file-cleanup-temporary-buffer' when quitting Ediff,
instead of when entering Ediff (with other words: in the lambda you add
to `ediff-quit-hook')?  I think this would fit better with the expected
behavior.  A user might toggle the new option when the Ediff session is
already running.

- Is this the only Ediff command that leaves such temporary buffers
behind?

TIA,

Michael.