Subject: Re: bug#7732: ispell-buffer always gives bogus (0) and (1) choices

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 08:57:03 +0800

>>>>> "EZ" == Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

EZ> Are you sure ispell-buffer doesn't use aspell or hunspell instead of
EZ> the real ispell?  What are your values of ispell-really-aspell and
EZ> ispell-really-hunspell?  In my case, I know that's really ispell that
EZ> ispell.el invokes, because I don't have the other two installed.

ispell-really-hunspell nil
ispell-really-aspell "0.60.6"

>> By the way, why does
>> $ spell file #and ispell too
>> not say anything about 'transfered', but in emacs ispell does?

EZ> I don't understand the question: you just showed above that ispell
EZ> _does_ say something about 'transfered'.

Only inside emacs. Outside we see

$ echo transfered  |/usr/bin/spell # http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/transfered #misspelling
$ echo transferred |/usr/bin/spell
$ echo transferrred|/usr/bin/spell
transferrred

$ cat t
transfered
$ ispell t
$