Subject: Re: 23.0.60; Segfault when opening a file

From: Christian Faulhammer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 18:36:09 +0200

Hi,

Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>:

> Christian Faulhammer <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> The backtrace you provided looks like it has symbols stripped.
> >> Could you recompile with CFLAGS="-g", generate a new backtrace,
> >> and post it?
> >
> >  Here it is.  As my failing system is offline and I seldomly sync
> > the Emacs sources, I can only provide one for a relatively old
> > check-out from 14 Sep 2008.
> 
> Does the following patch stop the segfault?

 The current HEAD does not show the segfault anymore, though bug 775
still exists, which went away with -fn fontset-standard.  You need an
update there?

V-Li

-- 
Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
<URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode

<URL:http://www.faulhammer.org/>