Subject: Re: [bug#77288] [PATCH v3 2/8] doc: Document migration to the unprivileged daemon.

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2025 02:21:03 +0200

Works great now.  I can now with v3 merrily switch back and forth the
(privileged? #f) on Guix System, except ownerships of /gnu/store/ files
are funny when I guix system roll-back to the time before guix-ownership
services existed.

Then I try the

     chown -R root:root                        \
       /gnu                                                  \
       /var/guix/{daemon-socket,db,discover}                 \
       /var/guix/{gcroots,offload,substitute,temproots}      \
       /var/log/guix                                         \
       /etc/guix

from this “Migrating to the Unprivileged Daemon” with root:root instead
of guix-daemon:guix-daemon.  But it does not work unless I mount -o
remount,rw /gnu/store (a command from the subsequent SELinux section).

While I have not tested this “Migrating to the Unprivileged Daemon”
section on a foreign distro, should not etc/gnu-store.mount require
remounting on foreign distros, too?

Regards,
Florian