Subject: [PATCH v3 0/8] Rootless guix-daemon on Guix System

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2025 21:46:45 +0200

Changes since v2:

  • ‘guix-service-type’ produces the “guixbuild” group and the
    build user accounts whether or not ‘privileged?’ is true so
    that ‘guix system reconfigure’ can run to completion during
    the privileged-to-unprivileged migration.

  • News entry includes German translation (by Florian) and
    French translation.

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (8):
  self: Install systemd ‘.service’ files.
  doc: Document migration to the unprivileged daemon.
  syscalls: Add ‘unshare’.
  services: account: Create /var/guix/profiles/per-user/$USER.
  tests: guix-daemon: Send system log output to /dev/console.
  tests: guix-daemon: Wait for the ‘guix-daemon’ service to be up.
  services: guix: Allow ‘guix-daemon’ to run without root privileges.
  DRAFT news: Add entry about unprivileged guix-daemon on Guix System.

 doc/guix.texi           | 106 +++++++++++++++++++++-
 etc/news.scm            |  88 ++++++++++++++++++
 gnu/services/base.scm   | 192 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
 gnu/system/shadow.scm   |  19 +++-
 gnu/tests/base.scm      |  60 +++++++++++--
 guix/build/syscalls.scm |  18 ++++
 guix/self.scm           |  42 ++++++---
 tests/syscalls.scm      |   9 ++
 8 files changed, 501 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)

base-commit: d14663b94a7428eccbfa27aa620dc3d8ba67d752
-- 
2.49.0