Subject: Re: [bug#77288] [PATCH v2 2/8] doc: Document migration to the unprivileged daemon.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2025 22:56:28 +0900

Hi Ludovic,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> * doc/guix.texi (Build Environment Setup): Add “Migrating to the
> Unprivileged Daemon” section.
> (Upgrading Guix): Link to it.

[...]

It looks good to me, but I was wondering if this wouldn't fit better in
a etc/news.scm entry, or blog post, since it's a section which will
eventually be obsolete, as more and more systems are installed out of the
box with the unprivileged daemon.

A couple of related questions: are Guix Systems already automatically
handled to run the daemon unprivileged now?  Is this just for foreign
systems?  Is the guix-install.sh script able to setup the daemon for
unprivileged execution now?

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim