Subject: Re: bug#7728: 24.0.50; GDB backtrace from abort

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:22:56 -0500

> From: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 10:14:09 -0500
> 
> > so apparently the frame of data->current_window is _not_ the selected
> > frame.  Would you select the window and keep the old frame selected?
> 
> Shouldn't (doesn't?) set-window-configuration simply signal an error if
> the selected-frame is different from the frame from which the
> window-config comes?

How could it?  For example, Drew's code that causes this crash does
this:

    (save-window-excursion (select-frame frame)
                           (or (eq major-mode 'image-mode)
                               image-minor-mode))

Are you saying tha this isn't kosher, because the body of
save-window-excursion is not allowed to select a different frame?

Or am I missing something?