Subject: Re: bug#7726: reveal-mode bypassed by compile-goto-error

From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 02:00:19 +0100

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:50 AM, Stefan Monnier
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>> If I use compile-goto-error from a grep-mode buffer to a org-mode
>>>> buffer where the destination line is in a hidden outline then the
>>>> outline will not be revealed until after next command.
>>> also, goto-line is unable to reach line in an outline based buffer.
>>> See in anything and ioccur, it is fixed for org-mode and
>>> outline-minor-mode.
>>> Is there other modes based on outline to handle?
>> Anyone have a test case?
>
> I think the problem is that reveal-mode runs from post-command-hook and
> reveals what's in the buffer that's current when post-command-hook is
> run, whereas in the above cases, the buffer that needs revealing is not
> current at that point.
> That's one of the cases where we could use something like
> a "pre-redisplay-hook".

Isn't it more like post-post-command-hook?

(Didn't I take up such a problem with cua-mode long ago? But at the
moment I can't remember what it was.)