Subject: [bug#77258] [PATCH] New package: emacs-boxy

From: Amy Pillow <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2025 11:29:13 +0200

> Hi Amy,
> 
> The latest version of your patch looks good overall. Thanks for
> expanding the description and adding a copyright line. As you
> mentioned, many packages in emacs-xyz.scm use tarballs from ELPA so
> given the instability of the upstream repo due to hosting migrations I
> think using an ELPA URL is just fine here.
> 
> FWIW, patches as attachments are no problem for me. Whether inline or
> attachment, doing code review by email is just as frustrating. ;)
> 
> Also, I think the comments from Ian about the code in the project
> itself are irrelevant to the discussion of this patch, which should be
> scoped to just the package recipe.
> 
> I modified the hash to use the conventional base32 format and pushed to master.
> 
> Congrats on your first Guix patch!
> 
> - Dave

Thank you so much Dave, I appreciate it! I agree with everything you
said and I think both the ELPA src url and patches-as-attachments will
make it easier for me to contribute in the future.

I also agree that issues in the source project should be addressed
outside of the guix-patches mailing list. If anyone has an issue using
the boxy library please use the forge's issue tracker (currently gitlab)
instead of Guix'. That way, Emacs users who don't use Guix will be able
to join the discussion.

-- 
Best,
Amy