Subject: bug#77249: [email-masked]: Fails to build, deprecated upstream.

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2025 23:41:54 +0000

Hi,

While checking the full python-science collection build state I've faced
with fenics-dolfin not building for a long time; upstream introduced a
fresh fork: <https://bitbucket.org/fenics-project/dolfin> ->
<https://github.com/FEniCS/dolfinx> which might need some packaging
efforts to bring it in.

I've fixed the build of python-fenics-fiat, but fenics-dolfin still
failes to build.
--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
 Generation 86   Mar 20 2025 08:00:04    (current)
  guix 77ff73a
    repository URL: https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git
    branch: master
    commit: 77ff73a920759437639e8eb77601e51409fefefa

guix refresh --list-dependent fenics-dolfin

Building the following 2 packages would ensure 3 dependent packages are
rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked]
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

CC everytone paticipated in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/33059>

--
Oleg