Subject: bug#77240: 30.1; Native-comp causing large memory leak

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2025 10:58:29 +0200

> Sorry, I assumed a description would suffice, I've attached a text file
 > with the contents of the buffer now.

Thanks, this should suffice for a while.  Anyone who looks into this:
The order of the text as it appears in this file is _not_ necessarily
the order in which it was written.  This is a separate issue we might
have to fix.

But these repetitions

⛔ Warning (native-compiler): ⛔ Warning (native-compiler):

can be explained iff the "(if " in the middle here

               (unless (or noninteractive (eq type 'bytecomp))
                 (insert (buttonize (icon-string 'warnings-suppress)
                                    #'warnings-suppress type)
                         " "))
	      (if warning-prefix-function
		  (setq level-info (funcall warning-prefix-function
					    level level-info)))
	      (insert (format (nth 1 level-info)
			      (format warning-type-format typename))
		      message)

causes them.  So 'byte-compile-warning-prefix' seems to mess things up
here.  How?  And who is responsible for not removing duplicate warnings
in the first place?

martin