Subject: bug#77240: 30.1; Native-comp causing large memory leak

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2025 10:15:19 +0200

> That seems to fix it, the warnings thrown only look erratic while
 > compilation is happening, after which it settles and only shows
 > three of the 'org-element-property' warnings. Looking at the
 > whole buffer afterwards shows that it generated 70 lines of this
 > warning with the first 20-odd lines containing multiple warnings
 > each, apparently each missing the line break.
 >
 > These 20-odd lines are roughly how the buffer would look when
 > frozen when the issue was occurring.

Thanks, but you forgot to attach the contents of the *Warnings* buffer
or whatever it is called.  We need to understand how text gets put into
it and why it gets so large.  So please post them here.

 > Even loading with my whole init it compiles for about 1m40, but
 > emacs doesn't freeze at all, just near 100% cpu usage and a lot
 > of subprocesses using substantial (but still <700M) amounts  of
 > memory.

Putting text into the buffer causes 'display-warning' and/or
'display-buffer' do something very, very strange and we have to
understand what it is.  Compilation per se is not the culprit IMO.

martin