Subject: Re: bug#77240: 30.1; Native-comp causing large memory leak

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2025 16:10:42 +0100

>> > It does not, it just generates the eln files and shows three errors
 >>
 >> In the echo area?
 > No, in the "*Warnings*" buffer, that shows in a popup (as in the screenshot
 > linked in my original mail).

I hardly ever see that pop up here.

 >> What happens when you do not select the window in
 >>
 >> (defun +select-buffer-in-side-window (buffer alist)
 >>   (let ((window (display-buffer-in-side-window buffer alist)))
 >>     (select-window window)))
 >>
 >> here?
 > Running the snippet without (select-window window) also results in the
 > described not occurring.

Maybe that 'select-window' call enters a fight with 'display-warning'
which tries to select that window temporarily.  But I was not able to
produce anything strange with a simple loop that calls 'warn'.  Let's
wait for Juri to chime in.

Thanks, martin