Subject: bug#7723: Process list gone wild

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 14:33:03 +0200

> From: Lennart Borgman <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 13:17:40 +0100
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> I think the problem is missing error handling in the C code.

Maybe.  But with the information you presented, I cannot see what
error handling is needed and where.  The error message probably comes
from one of the calls to `insert' made by list-processes, but it's not
clear which one.  The offending value, viz.:

  ("c:/emacs/EmacsW32/nxhtml/etc/wds/DesktopSearch.rb" "c:/" "journey")

looks like the command-line arguments of some process, is that right?
If so, there's a loop in list_processes_1, a subroutine of
list-processes, that should have walked this list inserting its
elements one by one.  Unless you provide more information from the C
level, I cannot figure out why did that fail and what to o to fix
that.

If you can reproduce this, put a breakpoint inside list_processes_1,
and see which of the calls to Finsert signals the error and why.