Subject: Re: bug#77224: [PATCH] New minor mode 'cursor-indicators-mode'

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2025 08:23:13 +0530

[வெள்ளி மார்ச் 28, 2025] Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> How long is the post-command-hook list in your production sessions?
> Should we poll users to give their data?  Just yesterday someone
> complained on Reddit that Emacs is too slow, and I have no doubt that
> features that use post-command-hook are at least part of the reason if
> not _the_ reason.

CAVEAT: I am aware of the ill effects of having too many things in
post-command-hook and generally avoid it unless strictly necessary.

In the message-mode buffer I'm writing this from:

(t flyspell-post-command-hook)

In Org mode:

(prettify-symbols--post-command-hook t)

In f90-mode:

(jit-lock--antiblink-post-command eldoc-schedule-timer t)

In elisp-mode:

(jit-lock--antiblink-post-command eldoc-schedule-timer
reveal-post-command t)

Global value:

(transient--post-command-hook repeat-post-hook)

I have no idea why transient--post-command-hook is in there.  I don't
use transient at all.