Subject: [PATCH 0/4] gnu: Add fscrypt.

From: 45mg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2025 15:51:37 +0530

Hi Guix,

The following patch series adds support for Linux native filesystem encryption
to Guix, via the `fscrypt` kernel interface and associated userspace tools
`fscrypt` and `fscryptctl`.

Patch 1/4 enables the relevant kernel configuration option,
CONFIG_FS_ENCRYPTION. This is the same patch as #77202 [1].
Patch 2/4 and 3/4 add the high-level `fscrypt` command-line utility (which is
implemented in Go); these are the same patches as #77174 [2].
Patch 4/4 adds `fscryptctl`, a lower-level tool written in C; this is the same
patch as #77175 [3].

I thought it would be good to group all these patches in a single series, so
I'll close #77202, #77174 and #77175 in favor of this one.

Further reference:
https://docs.kernel.org/filesystems/fscrypt.html
https://github.com/google/fscrypt?tab=readme-ov-file#runtime-dependencies
https://github.com/google/fscryptctl

[1] https://yhetil.org/guix/4a6[email-masked]/
[2] https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]/
[3] https://yhetil.org/guix/933[email-masked]/

45mg (4):
  gnu: linux-libre: Enable CONFIG_FS_ENCRYPTION.
  gnu: Add go-github-com-wadey-gocovmerge.
  gnu: Add fscrypt.
  gnu: Add fscryptctl.

 gnu/packages/crypto.scm        | 33 +++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/golang-crypto.scm | 74 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 gnu/packages/golang-xyz.scm    | 26 ++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/linux.scm         |  2 +
 4 files changed, 134 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

base-commit: fbfd2b93831978aadbb96f32cafdab997b04c6c6
-- 
2.49.0