Subject: Re: [bug#77201] [PATCH] guix: substitute-key-authorization: Fix case when acl symlink is broken

From: Rutherther <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2025 10:14:23 +0200

Apologies for the delay, I somehow didn't get to testing in a VM last
week, today I finally tested it, found a few issues, fixed them, and it
seems to be working fine for me. I tried to test all possible cases:

- No acl file
- Regular file
- Symlink to store
- Symlink out of store
- Broken symlink

- .bak (not) existing

I've kept it directly in this function upon Ludo's comment about
rebuilding the whole world if it was added to guix/build/utils, I can
create a new guix/build file if you think it makes sense to have it
reusable, or put it to another one(?).

Since this is activation logic, I think it's important to thoroughly
test it - should a new VM tests be added for this, or is it unnecesasry
and the current tests suffice? If something went wrong, the tests would
fail to boot (I haven't tried using system tests defined in guix yet, I
will try to run them).
Will QA run them for this commit or is it ran only for defined branches?

Submitted v2.

Regards,
Rutherther